Monday, January 18, 2010

Logie-loo


:) I find it humorous that I am constantly using cheesy little pet names for my second-born child because part of the reason I chose both of their names is that they were harder to make nicknames for! I said, "if I were to name my child Jackson, I wouldn't want other people calling him Jack". So that's why we chose both of the names that we did.

Anywho, my little Logie-loo had his 4-month check up today. I thought that would be a good reason to post some new photos and tidbits about him.

His is still very tall, of course (27inches)...at the top of the charts. He's in the 75th percentile for weight (15lbs 15ozs), and surprisingly only the 50th percentile for his head (16.75inches). Conner always had a giant head, so it's odd to me that Logan's head is average! He is growing and developing perfectly and I am so happy for that.

His sleep habits are the one area I wish to be different. The last time I posted, we had worked him up to sleeping through the night for a few nights. WELL, right after I said that, he went back to waking up every 2-3 hours!!! WTF?!?!

About a week ago, I decided to grow a pair and start training him to sleep longer. We finally moved him into his own room and my intention was to just let him cry it out all night if I had to. I chickened out after two hours and went in to nurse him. The next night he woke up at 2:30am instead of 1am for his first rousing, so I let him cry for 30 minutes before I went in. Then the next night he slept until 4:45am on his own. Last night, however, he woke up at 3am again. I haven't decided yet if I am going to continue my 30 minute increments this week or go for the gold and get it over with quicker. The pediatrician said he was old enough to just let him cry now. She then admitted that she knows it is easier said than done and she should take her own advice sometimes! I love her because her two boys are almost exactly the same age as mine are, so she can relate to what I am going through.

2 comments:

Karin said...

Well, he's just adorable despite his bad sleeping habits! You must be a walking zombie by now :( It is really hard to just listen to your baby cry even if it is the best thing you can do. Like nails on a chalk board or something! Will he take a pacifier at all? That little thing saves us sometimes! You've probably already tried it since you've likely tried EVERYTHING to get him to sleep longer by now. Sleep child, SLEEP!

Krysta and Jan-Michael said...

Oh my goodness, he looks like your husband! haha! Jacque, one picture- just one? You need to share!